Saturday, January 4, 2014

Moving slowly

It's been over a month since my last update. My apologies to the small, yet faithful, group of readers of this blog. I'm sure your lives have gone unfulfilled and for that I am truly sorry. Huh.

I am writing, sitting at our desk in our new house. We moved in ten days before Christmas and by Christmas Eve my wife had the house looking liked we've lived here for years. We had her family over that night and had a great time, without a box in sight.


That doesn't mean we've emptied every box. We've still got a ton of them in the basement. In my shop! Here's a pic of the future shop space before we moved in.




 And after...

I've got a little work ahead of me. All that stuff needs to live on this side of the stairs and in the garage. That doesn't leave us with a ton of space, but the garage is nearly two stories tall. There's plenty of vertical wall space to work with and rafters that shelving can hang from. It's just a matter of putting up some up.


So that's where I'm at. Making sawdust seems a ways off, but the home improvement type projects will hold me over until then. Once the basement is mine, I've got a ceiling and wall to install as well as electrical. My guess is I'll be mowing my lawn (it is all of seven degrees out right) before working my next project, the headboard.



As always, thanks for reading.
Jim




No comments:

Post a Comment